Members of the UEN gather each November to hear about the organization's legislative platform and ensure members are well-prepared to express and share urban priorities. Advocacy resources and tools are shared and members hear a preview of the upcoming legislative session. Small group discussions and networking will take place as well.
UEN Annual Dinner - November 15, 2023 (6 - 8:30pm)
The 2023 UEN Annual Dinner took place on Wednesday, November 15, 2023, beginning at 6pm at the Hilton Des Moines Downtown, 435 Park Street, Des Moines, Iowa, 50309, held during the IASB Convention. UEN board members and administrators were encouraged to attend for networking and to learn more about the UEN 2024 Legislative Priorities at this annual banquet.
Retiring School Board Member, Chris LaFerla, Council Bluffs CSD, was our guest speaker discussing "Education is Everyone's Business".
For questions, contact Jen Albers.
- Download the Materials: Agenda, Chris LaFerla Presentation, Annual Meeting PPT, 2024 UEN Priorities
- Download the UEN Annual Dinner Invitation below for member board packets. Board Secretaries, if you are registering your entire board at once, you may just email Jen Albers each attendee's name, title, email address and any dietary restrictions, instead of using the standard registration form linked above.
Past UEN Annual Meetings/Dinners
- View the 2022 Materials: 2023 UEN Priorities, UEN Annual Meeting PPT - Priorities, Data, and Celebrations (large file), Agenda (Nov 2022)
- View the 2021 Materials: Legislative Issues Presentation (Nov 2021), Agenda, 2022 UEN Legislative Priorities, UEN Introduction Video (Nov 2021)
- View the 2020 PPT Presentation (Nov 2020)
- View the 2019 PPT Presentation (Nov 2019)